Duplex stainless steel is a material used in the manufacture of stainless steel mixing tanks and also has a good corrosion protection quality. So, what are the benefits of using duplex stainless steel in stainless steel mixing tanks? Today I will give you an introduction.
Duplex stainless steel mixing tank is twice the size of ordinary stainless steel, so you can save on materials and reduce the cost of manufacturing equipment. In terms of corrosion prevention, especially the media environment is relatively harsh, such as seawater, high chloride ion content) conditions, duplex stainless steel pitting, crevice corrosion, stress corrosion and corrosion fatigue performance is significantly better than ordinary austenitic stainless steel.
The characteristics of duplex stainless steel mixing tank are as follows
1. yield strength than ordinary austenitic stainless steel, and has the toughness needed for forming. Using duplex stainless steel manufacturing tanks or pressure vessels wall thickness than the commonly used austenitic reduction of thirty to fifty percent
2. 2205 duplex stainless steel in many media is commonly used in corrosion resistance than ordinary 316L austenitic stainless steel, and duplex stainless steel with high corrosion resistance, and then some media, such as formic acid can replace high-alloy austenitic stainless steel, and even corrosion-resistant alloys.
3. lower coefficient of linear expansion than austenitic stainless steel, and carbon steel close, suitable for connection with carbon steel, with important engineering significance, such as the production of composite plates or lining.
4. With the ability to resist stress corrosion rupture, even duplex stainless steel with low alloy content has a higher resistance to stress corrosion rupture than austenitic stainless steel, in environments containing chloride ions.
5. Whether in dynamic or static load conditions, than austenitic stainless steel has a high absorption capacity, which for structural components to cope with unexpected accidents such as impact.
6. With good corrosion resistance, compared with austenitic stainless steel with comparable alloy content, it is better than austenitic stainless steel in terms of damage corrosion resistance and fatigue corrosion performance.