Many customers do not know how to distinguish between agitator tanks and reactors, in fact there is no particular dividing point between these two types of equipment, reactors can also be called agitator tanks and some agitator tanks can also be called reactors. Both mixing tanks and reactors are vessels used for mixing and stirring. Most reactors are designed to be hermetically sealed in construction, whereas stirred tanks can be designed as open lid tanks or as sealed form tanks.

How to choose between Mixing tanks and reactors

The difference between agitator and reactor

1. Cost: The structure of a reactor is more complex and costly; the structure of a stirred tank is simpler and less costly.

2. Structure: The upper lid of a reactor is either a head or a conical structure; the upper lid of a stirred tank can be a flat lid or a closed structure.

3. Sealing: Reactor kettle has high sealing requirements and should be mechanically sealed; stirring tank is mechanically sealed or packed according to the requirements.

4. Operation observation: The reactor needs the assistance of sight glass, pressure gauge, liquid level meter and other accessories to observe the situation of the material inside the tank; the open lid type stirred tank can observe the material inside the tank by opening the lid or the population.

Reaction kettles and mixing tanks are similar in shape and structure, both can heat, stir and keep warm the material, and are installed in the same way, both can be used in the production line for mixing of liquid and liquid-solid. There are more types of stainless steel mixing tanks, including single-layer mixing tanks, double-layer mixing tanks, thermal insulation mixing tanks, vacuum-type mixing tanks, pressure-type mixing tanks, most of the reaction kettles refer to tanks that need to be vacuumed or work under a certain pressure, so the reaction kettle can be a type of mixing tank.